Friday, October 30, 2020

1 Nephi 8:8 -- On Banishing the Darkness

"And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies."
1 Nephi 8:8


What struck me about this verse today is the "many hours in darkness" part, and how long we often spend in the darkness before we call on God.  ... And I don't think that it needs to be that way.  God is willing to help us back into the light whenever we get lost.  Today, let's try to spend less time in darkness, and be quicker call on the Lord for mercy.

At first maybe it won't seem like our lives are lightening, but if we keep practicing on turning to the Lord whenever that darkness comes, we'll start learning to banish it faster, and then even how to keep it away for longer and longer... until the perfect day when there is no more darkness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews