Sunday, February 18, 2024

Isaiah 6:8 -- On Volunteering For God

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me."
Isaiah 6:8


Reading this today, I was thinking about the way that God deals with us as his children, and I think the primary way is like this... he asks us to volunteer. He wants us to pitch in and learn to help each other and make a better world. And yeah, we might not know how to do that at first, or even how to not completely screw things up, but as we try, he has something to work with, and as we are open to it, that effort allows us to learn from him and incrementally get better.

Today, let's be willing to volunteer for God, and to be open to his advice as we work on improving ourselves and lightening the burdens of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews