Monday, February 19, 2024

Isaiah 65:17-19 -- On Reaching for God's Promise

"For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying."
Isaiah 65:17-19


I love the idea of new heaven/new earth... not only because it will bring joy and do away with sorrow, though of course that is huge. I think though that I like ti more because it symbolizes for me everything that God wants to do for us. He isn't just offering us a patched-up second chance. Everything that he offers us is new, and better. We're not aiming for some boring heaven, but one that is zillions of times better than anything we could possibly know now. So good that it will swallow up all the sorrow of today, and let us move on without psychological scarring.

Today, let's be thankful for all that God offers us, and be willing to reach for that promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews