Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Proverbs 30:8-9 -- On Moderation and Blessings

"Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain."
Proverbs 30:8-9


This is interesting, asking the Lord to not tempt us with extremes, but to help us to be satisfied with Him and not distracted with worldly concerns, of whatever sort.

Today, it is an interesting thing to be thankful for, but let's notice and thank the Lord for blessing us with moderation, at least in some things, so that we aren't tempted to consider ourselves not in need of God, or think that we need more than God has provided. Let's always remember to put God first, and not let worldly matters distract us from that most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews