Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Micah 7:8-9 -- On Patience and Recovery

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto me.
I will bear the indignation of the Lord, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness."
Micah 7:8-9


I really like this selection because it talks about the reality of recovering from our sins and mistakes. We have to be patient and dedicated to make it through the dark chapters of our lives, many of which we bring on ourselves through sin, and we need to accept the lessons the Lord sends us, which are sometimes very hard, in order to learn not to be the same person who committed that sin in the first place.

As we trust the Lord and really desire and work to change, we can recover from any setbacks, standing each time we fall and continuing to try. The Lord will guide us through the darkness, and when we eventually emerge, we will be stronger and better people, more prepared to meet God in the light and to have confidence in his presence, since he is the one who helped us and stood by us the entire time, even though in the darkness we couldn't see him clearly.

Today, let's stand up and try again, looking to the Lord for guidance even in the darkness, being willing to endure the lessons of this life and to invite God to change our hearts so that we can be the people that we dream of rather than being held back by our sins and mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews