Saturday, November 7, 2020

3 Nephi 18:24 -- On Holding Up His Light

"Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up--that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed."
3 Nephi 18:24


What I was thinking while reading this today is that things get pretty dark sometimes and we really need light in our lives... and this verse helped me think about switching that around and sharing our own light.  Perhaps that is one way that we get light in our lives is by opening ourselves to others and trying to uplift them.

I also like the fact that Christ tells the people here that he is the light that they should hold up.  I think sometimes we hide our faith from others because we're worried about offending them, but that is exactly what can add light to their lives.  I don't think it is something that we have to be heavy-handed about or force on others, but sharing who we really are, and the joy that Christ brings into our lives is a good thing.  Christ is the one that offers people forgiveness and a way to overcome their mistakes, just as he does for us.

Today, let's remember that Christ is what the world needs ... what we need.  That is the light that we should be holding up, and it will help us all to see our way forward.  Let's find a way to be devoted to God in our personal and public lives, and show our light, and His light. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews