Saturday, April 18, 2020

Matthew 25:35-36 -- On Serving Others

"For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me."
Matthew 25:35-36


Christ here is talking about the things that we can do for others, and letting us know that it is essentially doing things for him, since that is what he asks of us--to help each other.

Whatever our circumstances, let's take a look at this list today of things that we can do for others and see if there are some additional service opportunities we can look into.  I think, of course, that there are other types of service that the Lord appreciates, but this list is a great start because it addresses the needs of many people who are overlooked or ostracized.  What can we do for people to help them feel included and integrated into our communities?

As we ponder and pray over this list and ask God and ourselves what we can do, God will open our hearts and our minds and help us as we seek to serve his children. :)  I think we'll also find that serving others will improve our own lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews