Monday, January 15, 2018

Psalms 139:23-24 -- On Openly Asking for Correction

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalms 139:23-24


This could be a message to God claiming to be sin-free, but as I was reading it, I was thinking of it more as a plea for help.

Sometimes we need God's help to root out the bad parts of ourselves.  We find ourselves angry or bitter or despondent, and we realize that we don't want to be those things, and we can go to God and ask him to help us change.  To search us and find those wicked ways in ourselves, and lead us in his way instead.

I think God is the only real solution when we find out that we are not people that we're proud of.  Maybe we realize that we're being mean and resentful, or angry and want revenge, or whatever it is that is interfering with becoming who we really want to be.  Today, let's look to God for that help to change our hearts and become kinder and stronger and more giving, loving, and open.  Let's let go of hatred, envy, pride, and vengeance, and let's find the peace that surpasses all understanding, in Christ.  With his help, we can overcome anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews