Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Helaman 5:6-7 -- On Being Good

"Behold, my sons, I desire that ye should remember to keep the commandments of God; and I would that ye should declare unto the people these words. Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first parents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good.
Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them."
Helaman 5:6-7


I love this admonition from Helaman to his sons, asking them to be good.  So often we get wrapped up with other things that matter so much less... like whether we are right, or whether we are bored, thin, or fashionable.  So many things that we get caught up in, but this is the important one.  Are we good?  Are we listening to and learning from God, and becoming better and helping the people around us?

Today, let's work to follow the admonition of Helaman, and do that which is good, and let it be said of us also, that we are good.  That is a worthy thing to strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews