Tuesday, August 22, 2017

John 14:1-2 -- On Believing and Getting There

"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."
John 14:1-2


These are really comforting verses, and I really love the idea of God caring about us so much that he worries about us being troubled.  I mean, he knows things are going to be awesome in the end and that joy and peace are waiting for us--but he still doesn't dismiss our temporary worries as faithless and meaningless.  Instead, he encourages us and comforts us.

Christ encourages us to believe in him, and in his father.  Those are the things that we need to do in order to be prepared and to triumph.  I also love the mansions part.  I have no idea if we are going to get literal mansions, but even if it is just the symbolic idea of a mansion... a place where you feel safe, and where you have everything you need all the time... I think it will be amazing either way.

Today, let's work on not letting our hearts be troubled.  Let's believe in Christ, and trust that he is preparing a place for us.  Let's trust him, and work with him, and get there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews