Saturday, February 1, 2014

Zechariah 4:5-6

"Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts."
Zechariah 4:5-6


I like that God gives us explanations when we don't understand.  I think of Nephi, the disciples in Jerusalem, and so many other times when something happened that people didn't quite understand... and some people asked, and some people didn't... but always when they asked, God helped.  And how about Joseph Smith asking for more wisdom because of James 1:5? :)  God *wants* us to ask, and to understand.  Sometimes we have to work on learning some of the basics before we can launch right into the advanced stuff, but he always gives us lessons that lead to understanding, and direct answers if we're ready.
I also like the idea that God doesn't accomplish things in the way that we expect.  Sometimes the only solution we can see to change the world and make it better is some form of giant coercion or force... either making people behave, or wiping them out and starting over.  But in order to save as many people as he can, God doesn't use the heavy-handed approach.  He doesn't wipe everyone out, and he will never force us because free agency is his plan. :)  He is patient, and he works through his spirit to inspire the people who are listening to make a difference.  ... Today, let's BE those people, and let's listen to the spirit, and make the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews