Monday, February 17, 2014

Psalms 146:2

"While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being."
Psalms 146:2


This is great, and sometimes exactly how it feels... when we have the spirit, when God feels near.  Nothing can hold us back from rejoicing, because that closeness with God *is* happiness, and joy.  And although it doesn't feel that way all the time, because we get off track, or we forget that God will deliver us, or whatever it is... maybe feeling that way all the time is a good goal to have.  To keep the spirit with us more consistently, to learn more about God so that we can stay on the same page with him... to keep injecting happiness into our lives by making our relationship with God our top priority.  And if that is our goal, then the verse reads not just as incurably optimistic, but as a dedicated seeker of happiness. :)  It's powerful: While I live I will praise the Lord.  I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.  It isn't that I ate sunshine for breakfast... it is because I know that as I praise God and serve him and love him, my whole life, and the lives of everyone around me get better.
Today, let's praise God.  Let's sing to him, let's serve him, and let's love him.  Let's listen to his advice, follow his commandments, and watch our lives get better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews