Friday, June 21, 2013

Psalms 94:17-19 -- On Souls in Silence

"Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."
Psalms 94:17-19


I wonder if it is possible to measure the value of being able to not be alone, even in our thoughts.  When no one else can be there, when we feel desolate or when something is going wrong and nobody can help... God still can.

I love the imagery here.  How often do our souls dwell in silence... do we really connect with other people on that level most of the time?  Occasionally I think, which is probably where the "almost" comes from, but it is really rare.  Even with people that are really close to us, it's difficult to communicate soul to soul.  We rely on God a lot to turn our inner monologues into dialogues, and to comfort our souls.  I think it is really cool that God can be with us on that level, because we're often alone internally, and sometimes really need a friend.

Today, let's invite God into our thoughts, into our prayers, and into our lives even more.  Let's not allow our souls to dwell in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews