Thursday, May 24, 2012

Zephaniah 3:9-11

"For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in they pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain."
Zephaniah 3:9-11


I love the idea in the first verse of a pure language, that it seems everyone will have.  I imagine that a pure language will be easier to learn than most of the ones that we have around today... hopefully without sacrificing layers of meaning and the ability to express complex thought. :)  A language that everyone can speak fluently... wouldn't that be amazing?  If we could all express ourselves with equal ease?  Not that it would make us borg drones... we'll still have different things to express... but I think it would be cool if everyone could put their thoughts into words more easily.  It's what I imagine when I think of a "pure" language.
I don't know what "beyond the rivers of Ethiopia" means, but it does sound interesting.  Maybe some of the lost tribes living out there?
The final verse in this selection is interesting.  We won't be ashamed for our doings... why?  Because no one will rejoice in our pride, and we will no longer be haughty.  Sounds like we'll be humble enough to watch ourselves at that point, and not do anything that will make us ashamed of ourselves.  Part of humility I think is accepting what God has in store instead of worrying about what will happen.  Whatever happens, now or at the second coming, if we put God first and stay in tune with the spirit, things will work out.  Definitely not the way we want them to all the time... but the way that God wants them to, and a way that will provide for all of us to be happy eternally.  Today, let's work on finding the happiness in whatever God grants us, rather than questioning his judgement and stressing ourselves out with regard to what comes next.  Not easy, by any means, but I think that it will bring us way closer to peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews