Monday, December 22, 2008

Titus 2:14 -- On Being Saved From Our Mistakes

"Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."
Titus 2:14


I love this: "redeem us from all iniquity." ... It's an interesting way to talk about the atonement, and very cool because it shows us a little bit of why. We have to be saved from our own mistakes. We make them all the time. Probably every day... I am sure it is possible to make it through a mistake-free day, but I'm not sure I personally have ever done it. There seems to always be more I should have done, or if I would have just kept my mouth shut, or been nicer, or stopped to help... or something, it would have been better. As we keep the spirit with us, we can get better at it... but we still make mistakes. Christ saves us from those mistakes, and from our sins as we repent and change ourselves (with his help) for the better.
Eventually, as we and God work on it together, we will become pure, and "zealous of good works." ... Doing the right thing, every time. :) I would like to get there. And because Christ suffered for me, I have that chance. Today, let's work on becoming better at perfection and better at purity. God knows we can't do it all at once, which is why he is there to help us with even our smallest attempts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews