Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Psalms 10:4

"The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts."
Psalms 10:4


I like the idea of God being in all our thoughts.  We know we need to pray, and we have heard about praying "always," but do we actually do it?  Do we know what that means? ... I'm not sure I always do, but here is my best guess... I think that sometimes I really do have God with me throughout a long period of time, by kind of letting him have the background of my mind.  I can still take care of things at work, have other conversations, but ... he is always there to come back to, and even to flash a thought at during sometimes. :) Not in the sense that God is ever wholly absent from our lives... even when we aren't paying attention, he is trying to help us, but I mean, more as a conscious knowledge of his presence, and an effort on our side to be present with him.  That's when we have the spirit, and God is the first thing that we turn to mentally, in any situation. ... A good thing to work for today.  And the scripture gives us another clue about how to get there.  Pride prevents it... so humility must make it easier. :) Let's work on humbly inviting God into our thoughts today, and keeping him there as we live our lives.  He wants to be part of it... and, as a bonus, God always makes things better.  So, it will be an especially good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews