Thursday, June 26, 2008

1 Peter 4:12-13

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."
1 Peter 4:12-13


I do this so often... think: why is this happening?  What did I do wrong?  (Or, sometimes I know *exactly* what I did wrong, but I still feel sorry for myself.)  When, really... it isn't anything strange or out of the ordinary.  Just life.  We're supposed to be tested, and if I always got tests that it was easy for me to deal with, then I wouldn't be growing and learning, right?  Today, let's work on rejoicing... no matter what is going on with us.  Suffering helps us learn... not just knowledge, but wisdom.  Sincerely, if we look back at our lives, which of us can say that our sufferings haven't made us better people than we were before?  God's lessons are always designed for our growth, and ultimate happiness.  So, let's be glad that God cares about us enough to not leave us alone, where we are... but cares enough to spur us on to better things... a better self. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews