Sunday, May 16, 2004

Daniel 12:8-10


"And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand."
Daniel 12:8-10


I can't help but relate to this scripture. :)   I read several chapters of Daniel this morning, and I "heard, but I understood not." :)   I think that God gives Daniel a really good answer here.  Daniel wants to know what is going on, and he suggests patience. :)   There are going to be a lot of people changed incredibly for the good, and good works happening... but there will also be the other side. :)  "The wicked shall do wickedly," by their very nature we assume. :)  And then he talks about the difference between the wicked and the wise... interesting that the juxtaposition here is between wicked and wise and not between more traditional opposites.  So, how do we stay on the side of the wise?   Perhaps by avoid wicked actions, first of all... because the wicked *do* wickedly.  And then, we can always work on our own wisdom... we can search the scriptures and work on understanding them, understanding the gospel, and keeping the spirit with us.  If we do that, then how can we help but be wise? :)
I think it is also interesting that "purified" and "made white" are in the same category as "tried." ... Our trials are what purify us, and make us into the wise people that we need to be in the last days.  Similar to yesterday's scripture, we should accept our trials without criticizing or "blaming" God... for they are the way that he teaches us and makes us better, stronger, and more like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews