Thursday, May 13, 2004

Alma 30:11


"For there was a law that men should be judged according to their crimes. Nevertheless, there was no law against a man's belief; therefore, a man was punished only for the crimes which he had done; therefore all men were on equal grounds."
Alma 30:11


What struck me about this scripture today is the part where it says that there was no law against a man's belief, and that part is what put men on equal grounds... they were judged by actions.  I wonder about people in mental institutions who believe that they are someone famous. :)   Anyway, I think that it is interesting for me as I read some of my students' papers, to remember that I should be judging them not on whether I agree with them, but on how well they can write, and support their opinions with facts. :)   And maybe it can apply outside the classroom as well... when we interact with others, we can refrain from criticizing the way they think, and instead focus on actions.  This takes so much negative emotion out of teaching... and out of interpersonal communication. :)  ...And you heard it first in the scriptures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews