Monday, February 2, 2004

Mormon 3:20

"And these things doth the Spirit manifest unto me; therefore I write unto you all. And for this cause I write unto you, that ye may know that ye must all stand before the judgment-seat of Christ, yea, every soul who belongs to the whole human family of Adam; and ye must stand to be judged of your works, whether they be good or evil;"
Mormon 3:20


I was talking about Argument papers in one of my classes today, and one of my students said she was going to address the topic of censorship. So, we went over the points that she had going for her, and the opposition arguments, so that she can improve her paper, and in the course of the conversation she said, "Religion is stupid" (which isn't a very logical argument, but nevertheless...).  She knows that I disagree, and we didn't get into a dispute or anything, but this scripture struck me today because of that conversation. I worry about people sometimes who slam God and say horrible things about him, but I can't think of any nice ways to convince them otherwise. As a missionary I remember being frustrated by the whole thing as well. We would have people who would actually read and pray, and feel the spirit, and still not ... get it or something. There was always something in the way. I think it is the same for us sometimes. We know the truth... we believe it, and we've been baptized... but how often do we remember the truth that we know and take it seriously? On judgement day, unfortunately, I think there are going to be a lot of surprised people.  Let's do our best not to be among them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews