Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Habakkuk 3:10


"The mountains saw thee, and they trembled: the overflowing of the water passed by: the deep uttered his voice, and lifted up his hands on high."
Habakkuk 3:10


I usually think of the things of nature as immeasurably powerful... I mean, if you go up against a mountain, or the ocean, who is going to win? :)  This scripture reminds me that God transcends even the things that we think of as insurmountable obstacles.  Christ commanded the water to be still, and it was.  Things like that are amazing.  And then, of course, God created it all in the first place... Mountains, oceans, trees... and thinking about all of that, I start to understand more just how much I don't understand, and why I shouldn't be questioning God's judgement. :)  If God could make all of that, then I think I can trust him with my life, which seems pretty insignificant by comparison. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews