Thursday, February 28, 2002

Isaiah 65:2

"I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts."
Isaiah 65:2


I think it is interesting that this scripture talks about us walking after our own thoughts.  Most of the time I think that is a pretty good and independent way to be... not going after the crowd, thinking independently... :)  But it is quite true that my own thoughts have gotten me in to a lot of trouble... walking in ways that were not good.  So maybe I should start walking after God's thoughts instead.  It is probably like having a goal or an ideal to work towards... and when I am working towards my own ideal, I am going in quite a different direction than I am when I am working towards God's ideal.  No matter how imperative our own  ideals and thoughts seem, God's thoughts are infinitely superior in every way.  He offers us more than we can imagine for ourselves, and we will have more joy and love and satisfaction from walking after his thoughts than we ever could walking after our own.  If we could learn to trust that... to trust him... we would be the happiest of all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews