Monday, June 4, 2001

Ecclesiastes 3:22

"Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?"
Ecclesiastes 3:22


I like this. :)  I don't think that we rejoice in our own works enough... maybe sometimes.  But overall, at least with *me* ... I hate my works sometimes.  Some of my works, at my workplace, are boring, boring, boring... or just not as good as I could / should do.  And then, other things... my apartment, my journal, ... even relationships... I don't work on enough.  It is cool of God to give us rewards that fit our actions so well.  When we do good things, then we feel great about it.  So, I wonder why we don't do good things more often.  I know I personally come up with a thousand excuses... usually having to do with time or with priorities. :)  Like I should get the boring things done first.... heh heh.  how silly. :)  I should always be doing things that I can rejoice about.  I might not enjoy taking out the garbage, but when I do, I rejoice at the kitchen that is once again free of it.  :)  Prayer or scripture study can seem tedious or repetitive at times, but we can rejoice that we put forth the effort, and we know the scriptures or have a good relationship with God.  We have a lot of rewards that are just part of our daily lives, if we look for them. :)  The reward of pulling over and watching the sunrise is a pretty awesome one... the reward of treating people well is an amazing one... even the rewards of cleaning the house, making dinner, or (yikes) washing the dishes. :)  Today, let's try to find the rewards that are built into the things that we do... and rejoice in our good works. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews