Tuesday, January 16, 2001

Philippians 4:12-13

"I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."
Philippians 4:12-13


This is interesting.  Basically...with Christ, I can handle it all.  Good and bad, full and empty... in all cases, Christ helps me learn from it, and learn how to do it well.  Wouldn't you like to know "how to be abased?"  I would *love* to know that.  Someone slams me, and I think to myself... okay, I know how to do this.  And I can do the humiliation with style and grace. :)  But instead, I usually lose it.  And then... how to abound.  I would love to know that too.  How to do great things, and not lose track of my humility and remember what is really important.  It would be so great to know how to be full or hungry... to be content no matter what was going on.  And that is what Christ can teach us.  No matter what lesson or what state of mind we find ourselves in... he can show us how to handle the situation perfectly, and be okay.  In some situations, I just figure that I can't possibly handle it, and I just try to avoid all of it that I can... but God doesn't give us anything that we can't handle.  He has the power to handle any situation, and to be content with any situation... and he can teach us the same thing, help us deal with whatever it is.  Again, back on the nothing is impossible theme...  I can do ALL things through Christ which strengtheneth me.  So, today... whatever difficulty we are faced with... remember.  We can do anything.  We can handle it.  Let’s pray for strength, and help... and then handle it with amazing style and grace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews