Monday, July 10, 2023

Acts 24:14-16 -- On Clean Consciences

"But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men."
Acts 24:14-16


This is Paul defending himself to Felix, the governor, and I really like this summary of what he admits to believing. His goal as far as working to always have a clear conscience is something that we can all aspire to... and it is definitely something easier to do if we work at it every day rather than letting things pile up.

Today, whatever is weighing on our consciences, let's take it to the Lord. Even if we can't think of any way to feel okay again, God can, and wants to, help us. Even if we don't have a large burden, let's work on putting down even the small ones, and allowing Christ in to help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews