Friday, November 11, 2022

John 17:20-21 -- On Oneness

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me."
John 17:20-21


I love the idea of oneness wtih God... in this way at least. I think some concepts of God have us all joining him in a big amorphous blob, and I don't really like that idea, but if we are one with God as Christ is one with him... having his own will, but being one in purpose, working to help people and bring to pass his Father's purpose, which is happiness for all of us, then I am totally in. I want to be part of that and always connected to that amazing guidance and love.

Isn't that what we are emulating when we create friendships as well... we're at least on some level gathering together because we are like-minded and enjoy that mental/spiritual connection. Because we're imperfect, I am not sure if I want any of you in my actual mind the way that God is, but as we learn to be pure and righteous and if we're all connected through God, then I think it would be cool to have that connection with others as well, where we would be way more connected than just texting across distance, but we could actually converse mind-to-mind.

Privacy issues spring to mind, of course, but I'm sure God has all of that worked out. I wonder if that is what prayer is... focusing our attention and requesting a direct connection. :)

Today, let's pray for the people around us, and look forward to the time when we can feel complete acceptance and belonging together, in God, as we are one in him, and yet still ourselves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews