Friday, November 4, 2022

2 Nephi 4:25 -- On More to Come

"And upon the wings of his Spirit hath my body been carried away upon exceedingly high mountains. And mine eyes have beheld great things, yea, even too great for man; therefore I was bidden that I should not write them."
2 Nephi 4:25


I like the "too great for man" idea here... not because I don't want to know everything, but because I love the idea that there are so many things left to discover and learn. I think we delude ourselves sometimes into thinking that we know everything and we've got everything covered, when there is so much more to come.

That doesn't mean we don't have enough of the gospel to make decisions. God tells us that the Book of Mormon contains the "fulness" of the gospel, and God mentions in the Doctrine and Covenants that God's everlasting covenant is what he means by the fulness of the gospel. We don't need to know all the details of the universe to be able to make a covenant with God, or to know that he is worthy of our trust and faith.

Today, let's have faith and trust in the Lord and solidify our covenant with him, but also remember that there is so much more to come. Life isn't ever going to be a boring existence where we know all of the answers ahead of time (except the most important answer about God being in charge and being able to handle all of it)... and heaven isn't going to be boring either. Too much to know, and to do. I'm sure we'll be able to kick back on a cloud playing a harp if we feel like it, but you know, other than the humor value, I feel like that likely won't make the priority list of cool activities in the hereafter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews