Thursday, August 11, 2022

Psalms 3:1-3 -- On the Shield of God

"Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me.
Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah.
But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head."
Psalms 3:1-3


We probably all feel this way from time to time... like everyone is against us and that there is no way out. But those messages from the world aren't true. No matter who else is against us, God is always there... not "for us" in terms of supporting us as we work towards our best selves. He loves us ferociously, and is always there when we turn to him and need his advice and guidance.

Today, when the world turns hostile, let's turn to the Lord, lift up our heads, and trust in his shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews