Wednesday, December 13, 2000

Isaiah 41:9-10, 13 -- On God's Help and Not Being Afraid

"Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
. . .
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
Isaiah 41:9-10, 13


This scripture is directed to the children of Israel, of which we are a part... and I'm *certain* that it means men AND women, so no trying to exclude yourself. :)  Out of all people, God has a calling for each of us... a mission... a reason to live, something to accomplish.  He has chosen you, and not cast you away.

God will help us to accomplish our individual purpose in life, and we shouldn't be scared... not just of the physical challenges and obstacles, but also we shouldn't be afraid that it is too late, or that God has passed us by.  We shouldn't be afraid that we can't live up to his expectations.  Whatever the challenge, it is still there for us, and God still offers his help, and his hand.  This last verse is incredible and brings the image to mind strongly of God as our good, best, perfect friend, taking our hand to help us through the challenges that we face.  No matter how tough things get, he is a friend that will never abandon us, never deviate from helping us... from being there when we need a hand to hold.

I like the words from the second verse: strengthen, help, uphold.  No matter what we need, even if we are falling down on the job, as it were, God is there to hold us up, to help us, to strengthen us... to help us to prevail, and succeed in our life's mission.  Let's ask for his help today, and then depend on it, for he will never fail.

3 comments:

  1. I have been sober 20 years I take no credit for that I give it all to God God is good he has changed me he has changed my personality I'm a different person than what I used to be and I thank God for that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Hopefully we can all turn to God and change into better people, as you have. :)

      Delete
  2. God healed me and made me a new person, the old has gone and the new has come. God deserves all glory and honor 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews