Sunday, August 7, 2022

Psalms 118:13-14 -- On Strength and Salvation

"Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the Lord helped me.
The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation."
Psalms 118:13-14


We might all have times in our lives when we felt like this. The Lord is our only sure hope of strength and salvation, and can deliver us even when hope seems lost.

Interestingly, hope often seems lost when we have rejected the Lord in some way, because trying to live without God in the world is just a minefield. So many things that God does for us, even just as far as helping us to stay calm and sane, let alone deal with larger issues. Today, let's be sure to work on mending any rift we feel between ourselves and God and do as he asks. His way is always the way to peace and safety and everything else our hearts desire in righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews