Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Alma 52:37 -- On Being Willing to Lay Down our Weapons

"Now Moroni seeing their confusion, he said unto them: If ye will bring forth your weapons of war and deliver them up, behold we will forbear shedding your blood."
Alma 52:37


Today, I am surprised to find that I like the idea of surrender. The way I have thought about it before I think was about losing and failing. Today though, it seems a little like repentance. It is a chance to (as much as possible) take back something you regret, and change.

Although it is hard to admit it at times, I think we get it wrong a lot, and when God offers us the chance to lay down our arms and walk away rather than continuing to destroy ourselves... we should take it. Let's not let pride stand in the way of making a wise decision. Today, let's be willing to back down and make a change. And you know, even when we're right sometimes the best choice is to stop fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews