Saturday, August 27, 2022

Psalms 94:18-19 -- On Stability and Hope

"When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up.
In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."
Psalms 94:18-19


I like this, because these seem like two times when we really need the Lord... when we feel like we are falling (literally or figuratively), and when we feel overwhelmed by our own doubts/fears/internal diatribe. Both of those things can undermine our confidence and weaken our willingness to face our challenges, or even to get out of bed. God can help us when we are falling, and he can be the voice of hope and love even when we are telling ourselves or hearing externally that we are worthless.

Today, let's listen to the Lord not only in what he commands, but as he works to uplift and sustain us, giving us the stability and hope we need to carry on and continue improving ourselves and the world around us, even when our efforts seem trivial, or we make mistakes and mess things up. God is always going to be there to pick us up and dust us off, and help us try again... all we need to do is reach out to him, and he will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews