Sunday, June 5, 2022

Matthew 26:20-22 -- On Asking "Is it I?"

"Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?"
Matthew 26:20-22


I like the response here from the disciples: rather than denying that they would ever do such a thing, they asked "Is it I?"

I feel like this is a lesson for every aspect of our lives... when we listen to a lesson or learn something, the first thing to do is apply it to ourselves, not others. To assume that we need to follow the commandments rather than assuming that we are exceptions... instead of judging others, to judge ourselves and work on making changes.

Today, as we talk with God, let's ask "is it I?" ... Are we betraying God by the way that we live our lives? And if so, let's dig in and change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews