Monday, June 6, 2022

Abraham 2:12-16 -- On Following God's Path to a Better Place

"Now, after the Lord had withdrawn from speaking to me, and withdrawn his face from me, I said in my heart: Thy servant has sought thee earnestly; now I have found thee;
Thou didst send thine angel to deliver me from the gods of Elkenah, and I will do well to hearken unto thy voice, therefore let thy servant rise up and depart in peace.
So I, Abraham, departed as the Lord had said unto me, and Lot with me; and I, Abraham, was sixty and two years old when I departed out of Haran.
And I took Sarai, whom I took to wife when I was in Ur, in Chaldea, and Lot, my brother’s son, and all our substance that we had gathered, and the souls that we had won in Haran, and came forth in the way to the land of Canaan, and dwelt in tents as we came on our way;
Therefore, eternity was our covering and our rock and our salvation, as we journeyed from Haran by the way of Jershon, to come to the land of Canaan."
Abraham 2:12-16


These verses are cool, because I think they show Abraham as a refugee. He had to leave his home because they wanted to sacrifice him, so he took some relatives and some souls that they had won and left, not knowing where he was going, but that was okay, because he knew that God was leading him and that it would be okay.

We hear similar stories from Lehi/Nephi, Jared/the Brother of Jared, Moses, etc... and in some way, I think it reflects all of us. We all can be led by God from where we are to a much better place, and if we trust in God and continue to follow him, we'll get there.

Today, let's trust in God and the hope of eternity to be our covering and protection as we journey on God's path.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews