Wednesday, June 1, 2022

2 Nephi 4:18-20 -- On Knowing Who To Trust

"I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins which do so easily beset me.
And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins; nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted.
My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep."
2 Nephi 4:18-20


I like this idea of knowing who we have trusted, and therefore of course who we should always trust, namely God. If we really know God, then we know that he is helping us along the way, through storms and seas... and though we need to do better, we don't need to beat ourselves up. We just need to repent and follow God. He isn't upset and bitter about what went before. He just wants us to "Go, and sin no more" (John 8:11, D&C 6:35, etc.). No matter our failings, God is willing to reason with us and make our sins as white as snow (Isaiah 1:18).

Let's remember in whom we have trusted, and not beat ourselves up over our past mistakes. ... And let's also remember that God is equally generous to others, so even though of course we need to avoid abusive situations, and correct problems that threaten others, let's do what we can to allow other people their chance to change as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews