Tuesday, September 19, 2000

Genesis 2:18

"And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."
Genesis 2:18


This is pretty good... I mean, there are obvious connections to family and marriage, but I think it is kind of cool that God doesn't want us to be alone... that we need other people around to hang out with, and to interact with.  It isn't good for us to be isolated and dependent only on ourselves.  We learn when we have other people to get along with and to observe.  Occasionally I will go into hermit mode and think that I can handle everything better if I am alone... but what do I learn from that?  I already know how to be alone, I'm good at it.  I need to learn how to give to others and improve the world.  You can't do that in isolation.  So, today... say hi to people, hang out with them... be social. :)  Remember, at least in general... it is not good to be alone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews