Wednesday, September 6, 2000

3 Nephi 22:9-10

"For this, the waters of Noah unto me, for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth, so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee.
For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee."
3 Nephi 22:9-10


So, this makes up for all the death and destruction scriptures. :)  God is telling us... yeah, all that is going to happen, but you don't need to stress over it.  I will be there, helping you out, all the time.  God is so amazing.  Even in the midst of bad things happening, he is reaching out to us, letting us know that he loves us, that he hasn't forgotten to provide for us, even in the darkest hour.  I was with a friend yesterday, coming back from dinner, and there was a cool rainbow.   That always makes me think of God's promise to Noah that he wouldn't destroy the earth with a flood (Genesis 9:11-13).  Even though the mountains will be a big loss... at least it is nice to know that God is watching out for us, through all the things that will happen in the last days.  Rainbows remind me of that... and luckily, God reminds me of that, even when there are no rainbows around.  God loves us... we are his children, and he will never stop loving us, no matter what.  Sometimes it feel like we are so far away from him, for whatever reason, that we can't even talk to him... but just like the prodigal son... he will rejoice if we just get up the courage to talk to him... to come back into his arms.  Try it. :)  It works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews