Thursday, June 1, 2000

Mosiah 14:5

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
Mosiah 14:5


I think that it is hard to understand how Christ could suffer for our sins.  I don't think that I understand the concept very well.  But since I know that it did happen, I keep trying to figure it out. :)  Sometimes I think that because he could stand up to every punishment there is... every pain, every depression, every sadness, every feeling of worthlessness... every broken arm... that he can say, as a representative of us all... "see? we're stronger than that.  we can prevail."  but I don't know.  I do know that because he suffered everything that we will ever suffer, that he knows us better than anyone else, and he HAS walked in our shoes.  We can never claim that he doesn't know what we are going through.  He knows exactly.  Exactly how hard it is, and exactly the way out of the pain and the suffering.  it is interesting in the above scripture... we own the transgressions, the iniquities... and we receive the healing and the peace.  Christ was wounded, chastised, bruised, and had stripes laid upon his back... he absorbs the heavy consequences and offers the healing and the peace... no matter who we are, or what we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews