Wednesday, June 21, 2000

Doctrine and Covenants 29:24-25

"For all old things shall pass away, and all things shall become new, even the heaven and the earth, and all the fulness thereof, both men and beasts, the fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea;
And not one hair, neither mote, shall be lost, for it is the workmanship of mine hand."
Doctrine and Covenants 29:24-25


I was teaching relief society earlier this month and the lesson was on overcoming physical death.  Only on us being saved from it... but look at this scripture.  :)  It is awesome.  not only us (which, of course, is very cool... but the earth itself, zebras and panthers and blue jays and sharks and blowfishes are all going to be saved from the same thing. :)  I like that.  A few years ago I had a job that I rode the bus to every day... and on the way to work, almost every day, I would see dead birds under the trees on the way.  I don't know if someone was poisoning them, or if I was just in a high fatality zone... but it was sad.  And one summer of my high school years I did this summer thing in environmental science.  We went to every dump and waste management place around Denver... went to tour some of the companies that were producing a lot of pollution... we were given cameras to take pictures of how we were polluting our planet for our final project.  I like this scripture because the heaven and the earth get to be new and clean as well... and perhaps, when we build Zion... who knows.  Maybe we'll learn to be nice to the earth, and the animals... each other... and ourselves.  Maybe we should practice. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews