Thursday, June 15, 2000

Doctrine and Covenants 88:3-4

"Wherefore I now send upon you another Comforter, even upon you my friends, that it may abide in your hearts, even the Holy Spirit of promise; which other Comforter is the same that I promised unto my disciples, as is recorded in the testimony of John.
This Comforter is the promise that I give unto you of eternal life, even the glory of the celestial kingdom."
Doctrine and Covenants 88:3-4


This is a cool scripture... God calls us his friends, and I always love it when the Holy Ghost is called the Comforter... sounds comforting. :)  and it will be in our hearts... so we can feel it... and the holy spirit of promise relates directly to the second verse where it says that it is the promise of eternal life... and the celestial kingdom.  So, to me that seems to be saying that when you feel the spirit, you are tasting Heaven... getting a real glimpse at all that God promises us.  And, feeling the Spirit means that you are, when you are feeling it, pointed in the right direction... on the path to getting there.  I think that's why the Spirit leaves so easily, because it is a beacon... a guide.  you feel it strongly when you are right in the middle of the straight and narrow path... :)  and when we walk in the edge, or let go of the rod... or turn around and look behind us... we lose it (and might even get turned into a pillar of salt) :)  It's a reassurance telling us that yes, this is the right way. :)  And, what a nice thing to know.  I worry all the time if I am doing the right thing or going in the right direction.  It's nice when God tells you you are doing okay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews