Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Mosiah 27:29 -- On Being Snatched, and Saved, and Becoming New

"My soul hath been redeemed from the gall of bitterness and bonds of iniquity. I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. My soul was racked with eternal torment; but I am snatched, and my soul is pained no more."
Mosiah 27:29


I love the idea of being snatched here. Not as in kidnapped, but snatched "out of an everlasting burning" as it mentions in the previous verse. The idea of being saved... but not only saved, but born again, set on a new path--one full of hope and light rather than what and where we were before, becoming "new creatures" as it mentions in verse 26.

That is what God does for us. His kind of saving is complete, not just snatching us out of the fire, but teaching us to avoid it and go to a better place where we can be happy forever. ... Today, let's work on learning that lesson and traveling God's path, the path of hope, in our newness of life, letting go of the old self and reaching for what God offers--believing in that vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews