Monday, March 25, 2024

D&C 133:56 -- On the Song of the Lamb

"And the graves of the saints shall be opened; and they shall come forth and stand on the right hand of the Lamb, when he shall stand upon Mount Zion, and upon the holy city, the New Jerusalem; and they shall sing the song of the Lamb, day and night forever and ever."
Doctrine and Covenants 133:56


I love the image here of singing forever. I was wondering if we would do it in shifts or just straight through. I suppose that if you are immortal you could probably sing as long as you wanted. :) I love singing, so maybe this doesn't seem as awesome to everyone as it does to me, but I feel like it could be fun to sing for a couple of weeks straight, especially with God right there to sing to. :) I can't really imagine forever because it starts to seem not fun anymore after a while, but that is because of exhaustion or getting hoarse or other things that an immortal body probably wouldn't even blink at... so who knows. :)

I imagine we'll also be doing other things with some of that forever, like taking classes about things we don't know. Maybe Walking on Water 101 or, for advanced students, maybe constructing a Liahona or something. But also maybe that kind of praise could be just a part of who we will be. Can you imagine a life where you just constantly feel so much joy that you want to break into song? I want to feel that. :) Today, let's stick with God, and learn to sing his song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews