Friday, September 3, 2021

Isaiah 56:3-5 -- On Absence and Abundance

"Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the Lord, speak, saying, The Lord hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree.
For thus saith the Lord unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;
Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off."
Isaiah 56:3-5


What I like about these verses is God's promise that he will give something better than sons and daughters... in essence, that what God has in store for us is *always* superior to whatever we feel we are missing in our lives, and that no matter how bereft we feel at an absence in our lives, God will more than make up for it. God asks us to believe in that, and not get bitter and snarky about what we are missing out on, because what he has in store will be better.

Today, let's take this advice to heart and remember that no matter what we feel that we are missing, God has something better. God meets every absence we feel with abundance, and if we stick with him, things will be much better than just okay... they will be amazing and perfect. There is always a happy ending with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews