Sunday, March 21, 2021

Psalms 16:8-11 -- On Priorities and the Path of Life

"I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
Psalms 16:8-11


I like the idea of being able to rest in hope. :) Also, I like the idea that setting God at the center of our lives brings happiness. And although the later verses make it clear that it isn't always immediate happiness, it does seem like a very thorough happiness, of heart and flesh and glory... perhaps emotional, physical, spiritual? Either way, the last verse's "fulness of joy" also seems very comprehensive.

Although we've likely experienced, and may in the future experience, some level of pain and suffering as a result of our sins, often called the "pains of hell" (Psalm 116:3, Alma 36:13, Jacob 3:11, etc.), as long as we set the Lord before us, that pain is finite.  We can endure it, and get through it... repent and move on and become better people who wouldn't do those things anymore.  Things will get better.

Today, let's make the Lord the top priority in our lives, and not let that priority be moved out of place by any other matter.  Let's seek unto the Lord for him to show us the path of life, and let's walk that path towards the presence of God and the fulness of joy that we are promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews