Monday, March 1, 2021

Psalms 138:6-8 -- On the Process of Perfection

"Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands."
Psalms 138:6-8


I love all of this, but I think my favorite part is "the Lord will perfect that which concerneth me" ... the idea that even though we are flawed and lowly, the Lord can raise us up and perfect us.

That doesn't mean that it is easy of course, but I feel like just the fact that perfection is possible for each of us, as flawed as we are, is unbelievably amazing.  God loves us and wants to help us, no matter what kind of hole we've dug for ourselves, no matter how far we are away from who we want to be... he can bridge that gap, and help us still get there.

Today, let's walk with God and follow his path.  As we do, he will help us work through the process of perfection, little by little, and he will never give up on us even when we're really slow to catch on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews