Saturday, June 20, 2020

Psalms 56:4 -- On Trust and Fear

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me."
Psalms 56:4


This idea of not fearing what flesh/humanity can do to us is a hard one to get our minds around I think... it is a whole different mind-set from where we usually are, where what people can do to us matters to us a lot.

So, how do we pull ourselves out of that mindset and gain a little bit more godly perspective?  I think mainly practice.  We have to trust God, then see how that works out, and learn to trust him more and more as we exercise our faith and keep trying.  And, of course, prayer is probably the way that we work up the courage to trust in the first place.  That connection that we feel when we are in communion with God helps us to know that we are safe and loved and that he will help us.

Today, let's try to take a step back and see that God is over everything, and that is where the real power lies. :)  Let's let go of our fear of lesser things and remember that being on the same page with God is going to help us in every other aspect of our lives.  If we're going to worry, let's worry about not being on the same page with God, and our tendency to self-sabotage, rather than what other people will do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews