Saturday, June 29, 2019

Psalms 17:5 -- On Help With Walking

"Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not."
Psalms 17:5


Reading this today reminded me that we need a lot of help.  Not that I don't know that intellectually of course, but I think sometimes I get overwhelmed because I think the burden is all on me to be perfect, and ... I am just not, no matter how hard I try.

The awesome thing about God, or well, of course, one of the infinite amount of awesome things, is that he knows we need help, and he is always willing to offer it.  If we're honestly willing to try, then he will teach and guide and help and lift and stengthen us, and whatever else we need to move in the right direction.  It's not an excuse to give up and not try, but it is amazing mercy and support to help us to learn small step by small step how to make it back to God and to get closer and closer to our ideal selves.

Today, let's not give in to the temptation to stray from the path or to give up.  With God's help, every one of us can make it back to his presence.  We just have to keep trying, keep working, and continue to make those incremental improvements that mean we haven't given up on life or on ourselves.  Let's find the faith to move forward, and as we go, God will hold us up and help us not to slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews