Friday, June 14, 2019

Isaiah 41:10-13 -- On Fear and Faith

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee."
Isaiah 41:10-13


I love the message here which is basically saying that most of the things that we worry about are illusory... we build up a lot of fear about things that really are nothing, or that are temporarily scary.  If we have faith and stick with the Lord, he will get us through all of it.  Our challenge is believing that wholly on this side of the challenge, before we get through it, rather than only afterward when we are through and safe.

Today, let's really work on believing God when he says that he will help us, and on not being afraid of whatever comes, because God can and will handle it, as long as we stick with him and trust him enough to follow his directions.  Let's have faith when facing the storm that it will pass, as they always do, with God's help.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I was feeling the same way about overcoming fear over things, especially during this Covid-19 pandemic. God has shown me that my faith in Him will keep me strengthened, especially if I trust in His power to keep me and protect me during this time!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews