Tuesday, October 9, 2018

1 Nephi 1:15 -- On Filling Our Hearts

"And after this manner was the language of my father in the praising of his God; for his soul did rejoice, and his whole heart was filled, because of the things which he had seen, yea, which the Lord had shown unto him."
1 Nephi 1:15


Every time I restart the Book of Mormon it strikes me that there are things to notice that I haven't noticed before.  I like that kind of depth, and I wonder sometimes if that kind of depth isn't all around us, and we just don't notice it because we *assume* that we know these things already.

I like the idea here that Lehi's "whole heart was filled" because of what God showed him.  And then I consider that God can show all of us things that would fill our hearts many times over, and if we stick with him and really observe and listen, that he will do so.  ... And honestly, who wouldn't want that?  Perhaps one of the biggest things that our society suffers from is unfull hearts.

Today, let's work on connecting with God and filling, or refilling, our hearts.  Let's trust God and reach for the amazing gifts that he is willing to offer us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews