Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Psalms 34:4 -- On Seeking and Hearing

"I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
Psalms 34:4


 I read this little verse about the results of seeking the Lord and thought it was perfect, since that has been something I have been thinking about lately.  Being delivered from all of our fears seems like a huge blessing.  We know that being prepared can help us with fear (D&C 38:30), and that perfect love helps as well (Moroni 8:16), but this advice seems even more basic and accessible.  If we seek God, he will deliver us from our fear.

Today, let's seek God.  We can do this through prayer, scripture study, church and temple attendance, fasting, and service, but I think we can put a little bit into other things we do, just by including God in our thoughts throughout the day, and thinking about how to be better people.  God always hears us. Let's do those things that give *us* a chance to hear God and seek inspiration from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews